Welcome to the blogspot of Melbourne writer, Elizabeth Jane

Welcome to the blogspot of Melbourne writer, Elizabeth Jane

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Peanuts vs Porkettes ...

What is it about forty-fiveish year old men and their wives' dogs?

I've discussed this with a number of women over the past months and we've concluded it's a twinge of envy sort of thing.

Surely not, I hear you gasp. Who would ever be jealous of a fluffy white dog?
That's a good question. The mind boggles. But it's a true statement. I think it must be the male menopause.
There's no other way to explain the motivation behind this photo.

I didn't take the photo, by the way. Andrew took it after I had done the weekly shopping. But he cheated.

I didn't buy all those bow-wow treats in one week.

Besides, Biskit needs those things. The denta-stix keep his little teeth clean. The mini-treats are a bedtime incentive. As for the porkettes and oinkers. How would you like to be locked outside while everyone is at work?

Okay, so home brand peanuts is a tad bleak. But I was pressed for time!

I'll make sure I buy Andrew the most expensive ones next time.

No comments: