Welcome to the blogspot of Melbourne writer, Elizabeth Jane

Welcome to the blogspot of Melbourne writer, Elizabeth Jane

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dyma fi yn Aberystwyth

Dw i wedi mwynhau aros dros y nos gyda fy nghythnifer, Joyce - I have enjoyed staying overnight with my cousin, Joyce.

Heddiw, dyn ni wedi gyrru i Aberystwyth - today, we have driven to Aberystwyth. Roedd y wlad yn hyfryd - the countryside was lovely - ac roedd yr tywyth yn braf - and the weather was fine.

Dyma fi yn y llety prifysgol - here I am in the university accommodation. Mae'n dawel ac unig - it's quiet and lonely. Mae ofn arnai - there is fear on me. Ond bydd e'n iawn pan dw i'n cwrdd pobl arall yfory - but it will be fine when I meet other people tomorrow.

Dw i'n gobeithio - I hope.

Noswaith 'ma dw i'n teimlo fordd hir o fy nghartref - this evening I feel a long way from my home.

Dw i ddim yn gallu peidio â - I can't stop thinking - beth ydwi wedi gwneud - what have I done?

Taswn i'n ysgrifennu nofel basai hyn y eiliad tywyllwch - if I was writing a novel, this would be the dark moment.

Ond, paid â becso - but don't worry. Dw i'n iawn - I am fine. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,
I'm sure you are fine. And definitely will be after you get some sleep, recover from jetlag and meet your fellows. I felt exactly the same (only more emotional) when I arrived in China in 2006. For first few days, I couldn't speak to hubby without sobbing. At time, I knew it silly, but it persisted regardless. Australian colleague reassured me it was just separation shock and homesickness and that noone knows how that will hit. I still find it an odd reaction on my part, but I just had to reassure hubby, while laughing and crying at same time, that I was fine. It's funny what the wrench from home and exhaustion can do. Have fun. You'll be great.
xx Chris