Welcome to the blogspot of Melbourne writer, Elizabeth Jane

Welcome to the blogspot of Melbourne writer, Elizabeth Jane

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dydd Sul

Roedd heddiw yn dydd Sul - today was Sunday.

Fe ddaeth fy Nghwr Andrew i gartref - my husband Andrew came home (I suspect there is something wrong with this sentence).

Roedd o 'n gweithio yn America ers gwaith - he was in America for work.

Rydyn ni 'n cael brecwast gyda Phoebe a Andy - we had breakfast with Phoebe and Andy.

It was actually brunch but I can't begin to imagine what the Welsh word for brunch might be - brecinio perhaps?

Fe wnes i crempogau. Roedd nhw 'n hyfryd.

I made pancakes - crempog is such a lovely word for a pancake, don't you think? The 'au' makes it plural. They were lovely.

Roedd y tywydd yn diflas - the weather was miserable.

Fe aethon ni i gyrru yn y mynydd - we went for a drive in the hills.

Fe ddylwn i 'n mynd i 'r eglwys, nawr - I should be going to church now. Ond dw i ddim eisau gadael y glo cynnes neu fy nghwr - but I don't want to leave the warm fire or my husband

No comments: